Settled up with a new house? Or ended up your old groceries and gourmet section? Don’t worry because I am going to share you up a list of good, healthy must have groceries and gourmet in this blog.
It is believed that if a right recipe is found the food turns great, but besides that, the ingredients are also necessary and play very important role in taste. So this is a list of few things to help you with your groceries and gourmet section on your shopping list. Add up these things as you like it.
- Rice and cereals: These are basic foods must have in your kitchen, for your daily needs. In cereals, oats and millet are good not only in taste but also for your health, as it contains “fibers and is important sources of vitamins and minerals”.
- Spices and Herbs: Spices not only provide tantalizing aromas and vibrant colors to food but also add up a great taste. When it comes to list up all it goes too long but reducing it short you can have it as per your choice .spices adds an earthy and warming feeling to food, are nutritionally rich, providing high amounts of the Daily Value for fat., Roasting or heating the spices or herbs in a dry pan heightens the flavor, aroma, and pungency. As spices are predominant in every food especially Indian food. You must have it in your kitchen for the best taste.
- Oil, Ghee and Vinegar: many foods are fried in oil much hotter than boiling water. Oils are also used for flavoring and for modifying the texture of foods (e.g. Stir Fry). Cooking oils are derived either from animal fat, as butter, lard and other types, or plant oils from the olive, maize, sunflower and many other species. Ghee is common in cuisines from the Indian subcontinent, including traditional rice preparations, ghee tops roti. Ghee is an ideal fat for deep frying. Vinegar is mainly used as a cooking ingredient, or in pickling other salad dressings for awesome taste.
- Sauces and cooking pasta: Sauces add flavor to a lot of our favorite meals. Example, spaghetti, burgers, and salads. Spaghetti would just be a boring until it gets a twist of taste with different kinds of sauces. Also, they are concentrated source of calories. And whole wheat pasta at home is a bowl of goodness with a little touch of fast-food special.
- Dried fruits nuts: With its longer shelf life and portability, they act as an advantage over fresh fruits. Tasty and convenient snack, dry fruits and nuts are the ideal substitutes for high-calorie snacks. With natural sugars and fiber, zero cholesterol and fats, and a variety of delectable flavors, dry fruits and nuts are an easy source of all essential nutrients. The right mix of almonds, cashews, pistachios, dates, raisins and other dry fruits and nuts regularly is all you need to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Coffee and tea: Research suggests coffee may lower the risk of liver cancer, colon cancer, Parkinson’s disease, type II diabetes, and gout. Also, both black and green tea are antioxidant-rich, drink the kind you like best tea ought to be the beverage of choice for women but should be taken in moderation.
- Jams & breads: Mainly considered as a “helpful breakfast”. Whether you are getting late, or in hurry, or in an hourly hunger this combination is awesome to move with. Just grab one of your favorite flavorsr and spread it over a slice of bread (which is a good sources of carbohydrates like starch and fiber.), and enjoy your ready to go breakfast.
- Honey: It has much of medicinal value but in spite of it, they can be used as a light sweetener to your juice and also it is good for your health as it contains small amounts of protein, enzymes, vitamins and minerals. , which helps you to keep fit.
- Fresh fruits: Humans require a daily need of goodness and a touch of nature in this era of adulteration. This requirement is fulfilled by fresh fruits so you must have it daily either as a salad or whole for a healthy ongoing life.
- Chocolate: Have high memory booster, much calorie and energy, also healthy for brain. Feeling low, having one brown or dark chocolate can fixes it better; they also adjust your random mood swings .however they should be consumed in a limited quantity.
Importance of food cannot be neglected in our life . Also to stay healthy in this “impure” world we need healthy food. Most of the dietitians, recommend organic foods these days.
So have these things added up to your list, and go for it without any doubt. Or if you are feeling too lazy to go out , go for online shopping with swadesi.com that has the best organic products, good for your health.